Thursday, March 6, 2014

Romans 1:17 "...as it is written the just shall live by faith."

I read that this verse was life changing to Martin Luther. Many people believe that wisdom is secret and hidden but my experience is that it is simple and overlooked. Martin Luther had read this but not taken it to heart so God hit him over the head with this verse three times. He often reveals things to me repeatedly and it it good to see that I'm not the only one who needs to hears things over and over. So why is this simple verse life changing. I know I'm the "just" as I have accepted the sacrifice of Jesus and now have his justification or righteousness. Unfortunately I find myself living by fear and worry. Lonely and scarred I act under my own provisions and fail.

To live by faith means to have peace and purpose,
to have joy and confidence
to have trust and security
to be bold and intentional
to rise to the challenge of the impossible and see it accomplished through Him.

In living by faith my life brings glory to the God who spoke the laws of fractal geometry into existence.
I have faith, this is the kingdom life God wants for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXM9J77StL0

2 comments:

  1. Faith is easy and hard. It is easy to turn on a light and not even worry that the bulb will illuminate. It is easy to wake up in the morning and not even marvel at the fact that I woke up.

    It is hard to put my trust in Dad in the worrisome things. When the roof leaks, I want the provisions to fix it right now. When my kids are sick, I want them healed NOW! It is hard to wait and not see the hand of my loving Father work instantly. Faith sometimes means waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I think about it, I can wait and trust in my Lord all while feeling better having turned my problems into His hands. But I need to be aware and intentional about my thoughts. I believe the more I practice this the better I will get. It helps to have the spirit of God. Good thing I know where to find Him. The more I'm into the word, the more I love being into the word.

    ReplyDelete