Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mirror Mirror, who are you?
reflections of Hubert Hausoul
Self contemplation is just another story that thrills my soul.
As I examine my motives, my drives, my ambitions with the purpose to analyze my thinking I’m using a logic I created.
Is the science of my brain a valid mirror?
I have discovered that I am always telling myself stories and then test them to see if they ring true. We all tell ourselves stories and we should know when we are spinning the stories to make ourselves feel better. Or are we such good storytellers that we believe our own lies? Are you capable of examining yourself with an impartial eye?
Could you surprise yourself?
I was surprised to realize that I am an adventure seeker. This would surprise you to if you knew me and my uneventful blue collar existence.  The kind of adventure I seek is in the story that is life. Is this common? Are we all Walter Mitty creating adventure to add meaning and excitement into our life?
Is this a necessary part of a sane existence?
Thousands of years ago Socrates said an unexamined life is not worth living. What if we examine our life and find the only value is that which we make up. The fact that we create the currency does not make it less valuable.
Story gets you through work and into vocation without changing jobs.
Story gets you from internal loneliness into the company of kindred spirits without shaking hands.
Story gets you from embarrassment into humility and from discipline into love all within your own mind.
Spin the story, wash your brain and chose the outcome that keeps you sane.

How crazy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment